Sunday, October 18, 2009

On a day like this.

It was miserable out. 40 degrees, raining and windy. It was the kind of cold that bites into your bones, and doesn't do anyone's arthritis any favors.

But you wouldn't have known it -- 3000 3-Day walkers and 350 crew members, and boatloads of cheering fans made the city of Philadelphia warm as a tropical beach.

I may have had better days, but I'm hard pressed to think of one that's more meaningful or inspiring.

This photo is of the closing ceremony -- after all of the walkers and crew have entered the ceremony site, the survivors enter, and everyone holds up a shoe in tribute.

More to say about the experience in days to come, 'cause I'm drop-dead tired right now, but suffice to say that it was a spectacular event and I think I'm hooked. See you in 2010!

No comments: