Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cheers ...

A few cheers for things that have made me smile in the past few days:

- shopping with Robin. The shopping was questionable at best, but the visiting was terrific.
- clear skies (and roads) for my trip back from shopping; last year's trip was a harrowing three hours over horribly iced-over roads.
- sleeping in this morning until almost 11 a.m. Decadent! Unheard of!
- phone calls from people who are not
a) telemarketers,
b) debt collectors wishing to speak to 'Warren Saunders' (seriously, dude, get yourself together!),
c) debt collectors wishing to speak to 'Tina Bankston' (Tina, see previous), or
d) people who work for me calling at 0-dark-thirty in the morning, bothering me with nonsense.
- my dad's Christmas tree
- the fall finale of Glee, which was awesome
- my Christmas tree, which my angelic cat did not bother at all while left home alone for two days

Things that will hopefully make me happy in the next several days:

- my nail place being open tomorrow, as they were unexpectedly not open this afternoon, and being able to get myself all primped and polished before Wednesday
- the dress I ordered arriving *on time* tomorrow, and fitting perfectly
- finding a black leather clutch handbag somewhere tomorrow or Tuesday
- wearing said dress and carrying said bag to a fancy-schmancy dinner on Wednesday, and looking, if not stunning, at least clean and presentable
- finding espresso powder so that I can make this for Christmas Eve
- figuring out a *genius* gift for my brother. Feel free to send suggestions.


No comments: