Monday, September 28, 2009

Bread ...

I made zucchini bread (and posted the recipe -- see below) last week, and I've been eating pretty much nothing but toast for the last week or two, and the only thing that sounds good is crispy sandwiches fresh from the panini press (especially fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and a schmear of pesto) ...

Apparently, I'm needing just a little more yeast (and/or other leavenings, depending on the day) in my life.

  • This Ethiopian Honey Spice bread sounds spectacular, and you can be sure that it will be gracing a Dutch oven near me no later than this weekend.
  • This brioche looks like an adventure.
  • I'm making this. Right now. Well, maybe not *right* now, but soon.
On my mom's side of the family, we always joke that we haven't met a yeast product that we didn't like, which quickly leads to comments about the formidable (and inevitable) Choiniere butt ...

Maybe that's my fixation -- I've been trying to decide whether I'll be able to get to my cousin's wedding (the first wedding! Yay M. and M. ... also, yay M&Ms!), and sent the affirmative reply card back yesterday: I'm in.

Here's hoping for some of Grandma's sweet rolls while I'm out there.


No comments: