Thursday, September 3, 2009

New shoes!

I bought one of the pairs of shoes that I'll actually wear during the 3-Day this evening. (Geez, I'm going to have to come up with a new name for the blog ... the 3-Day is fast-approaching, and will be over before I know it!)

There's something totally satisfying about buying new shoes; I remember wearing them out of the store as a little kid (and have done that as a big kid, too, but not tonight), and thinking I was the coolest thing ever.

Mine are hot pink and white (and lightning, but I'm not sure what that is exactly). Asics Nimbus 11s. Woo-hoo. I'm debating a second identical pair (perhaps in a different color for variety -- there are purple and 'frost,' too), or maybe changing it up a bit and trying a pair of Saucony Triumph 6s. The ones in the store were WAY too purple and silvery, but there are apparently some light blue/white/gray ones, too.

Gotta check out sleeping mats -- I think I found what I'm looking for at REI, but I'll do just a little more looking. Any recommendations? Think plushy & comfy and good-for-sleeping-on after walking 20 miles!

It's getting closer ...

No comments: