Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend round-up

First of all, I can't believe how much darker it is, and how much earlier. Granted, I live *way* East, but still -- I was sitting here thinking it had to be at least 8, 8:30 -- and that was about an hour and a half ago, around 6:30. And the time change is still a long way off. Thanks, Congress.

While we're on the time-change-tangent, though, I always really missed the time change when I lived in Indiana (which, by the way, now changes with the rest of the Eastern time zone, though it should definitely be Central) -- and now, it feels like a hassle, and just one more thing to keep track of. Grass is always greener, I guess ...

Some happiness to end the week:

- Notre Dame pulled out a win over Purdue last night; 24-21, and it was a nail-biter.

- I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. (I might actually be more excited about that than about the Irish win ... don't tell.)

- The NYT magazine had this article on kids coming out earlier -- middle school and high school -- and it's pretty good news.

- If you haven't done it yet, you MUST try this recipe: Chocolate Zucchini Cake. My coworkers are going to enjoy it again tomorrow, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

- Ooh, and try this too, if you haven't already -- Villainess Soaps. So wonderful. I'm in love with Neisthai and Quick or Dead.

The walk is about 20 days away, and I'm starting to get nervous. My back is still not quite right (MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning, way too early), and I'm hoping I can get things straightened out before the walk. If not, well, I've raised the money, and I'm going to go and enjoy the experience. You can still donate -- click the widget on the right-hand side of the page.






No comments: