Saturday, November 28, 2009

And how.

There was pie. Lots and lots of pie. In fact, I may begin going into withdrawal once the last two pieces that managed to find their way into my fridge are gone.

We had pumpkin, pecan, a really delicious apple pie, and then the really spectacular parts (though I think the apple gets to go on that list ... ) -- a bourbon-pumpkin cheesecake with a really amazing pecan crust, and a Rum Cream Pie.

The Rum Cream Pie was straight out of the Colonial Williamsburg Cookbook, and is obviously not a 'new' sort of recipe -- there's a reason that things get handed down from generation to generation; this thing was incredible! Light, creamy and holy rum, Batman! This is a keeper, and thanks very much to C.'s family for hooking us up.

But -- pie aside, it was really wonderful to see my O'cousins, and to have all of us together at Grandma's house. I hope we can get together on another happy occasion again soon.

Also -- a shout out about New Moon, which was shockingly not-bad. Its predecessor having been so, well, laughably terrible, I wasn't expecting much (save of course for Taylor Lautner's ridiculously age-inappropriate body), and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd also like to say that the Regal Cinema at Snowden Square in Columbia, MD is about the worst organized movie theater I've ever been to. Damn, man -- get it together.

So, what am I up to now? Two things.

The Great Rice Crispy Bar Adventure of 2009 started today, and pictures are forthcoming.

Second, I'll be counting the minutes till I can make this for Christmas Eve dessert.

No comments: