Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Apropos of nothing

So, I'm definitely going to sign up for one of these jobs. Seriously, please cap my salary at $500k. I could manage ... somehow.

My dad sent me this article about single, college-educated mothers. It was super-interesting, and also annotated with "I'm not suggesting (necessarily), just sharing." The suggestion wasn't necessary, as I've gotten there on my own -- let's see how the next five years work out -- but I appreciated the sharing. 

And this is sad. Anytime a bookstore closes -- especially an independent one -- it feels like one more step toward the dumbing down of America. 

Interesting: discussion of hormone replacement therapy and its role in breast cancer.

Walking is going well -- it kind of surprises me how much I like it, even in the cold. Hadley and I walked the neighborhood at 6:30 a.m.; we woke up to two inches of beautiful, light powder this morning that was gone by noon -- and that wasn't slippery at all -- that's the kind of snow I can get on board with. 


No comments: