Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to 7th grade

So, apparently I work with teenagers. I mean, I work with *teenagers* as in, with kids with behavior disorders, some of whom have developmental disabilities. But also, the people that work with me are apparently in seventh grade.

One of my staff came into my office yesterday, and in the midst of venting about something else, she tells me that a particular group of co-workers are talking about how they don't like me. (Yeah, okay, now I'm blogging about it, so I'm not super-mature, either ...) Fine if you don't like me. Lots of people don't. I'm not always pleasant to work with. I'm intense. I'm demanding. I don't tolerate a lot of crap. So I understand when I'm not on people's list of favorites. But don't complain about how you don't like me to my staff. That's just unacceptable, and totally unprofessional. 

I felt like I was in Mean Girls. It was ridiculous. 

But -- in heart-warming, cheerful news, I got a message from one of the 3-Day coaches today, telling me how great it is that I'm registered to walk, and offering help and support. 

And the CEO of the company told me how proud she was, and that was really nice. 

No comments: