Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Interesting -- and a love-hate relationship

This is pretty cool -- new research is indicating that 5 or more hours of exercise per week can help lower the risk of breast cancer. Over time, exercise can help to lower estrogen levels, which means less stimulation of breast cell growth, which ultimately is associated with a lower risk of cancer. Essentially, getting ready for this awesome endeavor could help reduce the chances of actually having to deal with what we're trying to find a cure for. 

Neat. And -- it's actually something you can control. I like that.

And now, again, with the reality show critique portion of our evening ... (I feel like it should be "and now, a word from our sponsor. Ooh, maybe they'll want to sponsor my blog. I could be like Jen Lancaster. She rocks. Seriously. Read her stuff.)

I have a completely love-hate relationship with The Biggest Loser. It's addictive, and I'm sitting here thinking, "good for them." But on the other hand, I almost inevitably end up watching it while baking something for work, or worse -- eating dinner, which sucks. (Okay -- but back to the love it part: it was a pairs competition, and now they're sending half of each pair home. I'm totally tearing up. I need a life.)


No comments: