Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reality check

So, it's impossible that this whole thing is going to go smoothly. I keep reminding myself of that unsavory fact. I'm going to injure something. I will definitely have some blisters. I will never want to walk anywhere ever again.

But so far, it's been totally enjoyable. Granted, the mileage is low, and the indoor temperature at the Y is quite pleasant; it's also been pleasant running into a couple folks from work while working out. Normally, that would be the sort of contact I'd eschew, but with this new goal, I feel like I have great purpose, and am, you know, *training.*

I did tear up a little during today's workout, but that was entirely related to the Obama Express' stop in Wilmington, and watching the crowd react to Obama & Biden, and listening to Obama's speech. We are truly a part of history, and that is pretty spectacular.





No comments: