Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting started ...

Too bad this won't read like Jennsylvania (see http://www.jennsylvania.com for a very, very funny and often inappropriate read on life by author Jen Lancaster). 

I was driving to work on Friday (yes, I worked the day after New Year's), and heard the radio promo for the 3-Day in October. I've known people who have done it in the past, and I've been impressed, but never really thought I could *do* it.

But -- I've had a few blind-siding moments in the last week or so, and in addition to making me feel like crap, they've also made me realize that I needed to do something in 2009 to reclaim my life and move past the sheer nonsense that was 2008. 

So -- in that spirit, I decided that not only *could* I walk 60 miles in 3 days, but that I would. I will. 

I registered. I'm in.

Now the training begins. Get ready. 2009 is going to kick my ass ... in a good way.

No comments: