Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it bad that ...

I totally wanted to punch a woman in the face at work today? Clearly, as I'm still employed, I did not follow through on the impulse, but even almost 10 hours after the interaction that sparked said face-punching desire, I still want to a little. 

I get really frustrated by people who act any way they want to -- especially at work. I was completely shocked by the eye-rolling, head-shaking and disapproving sounds that she was making while my/her boss was speaking. Totally unacceptable.

My dad just mentioned a scene from a Paul Newman film called 'The Verdict' that takes place in the Oak Bar at the Plaza Hotel in New York; after some sort of confrontation with a female attorney, Paul Newman's character punches the woman in the face. As wrong as punching someone in the face is -- I would imagine that it's also *deeply* satisfying.

Clearly, this has nothing to do with walking 60 miles. It is, however, possibly symptomatic of being almost-30 -- that is, having less and less patience for unprofessional crap.

I did get to hold a coworker's new baby for a while this afternoon when she came to visit for another co-worker's baby shower; that made me almost forget about wanting to punch the stupid woman. 


No comments: